WebJobs is a feature of Azure App Service that enables you to run a program or script in the same context as a web app, API app, or mobile app. There is no additional cost to use WebJobs.
Supported file types for scripts or programs
- .cmd, .bat, .exe (using Windows cmd)
- .ps1 (using PowerShell)
- .sh (using Bash)
- .php (using PHP)
- .py (using Python)
- .js (using Node.js)
- .jar (using Java)
Create a continuous WebJob
- In the Azure portal, go to the App Service page of your App Service web app, API app, or mobile app.
- Select WebJobs.
- In the WebJobs page, select Add.
- Use the Add WebJob settings as specified in the table.
- Click OK.
- The new WebJob appears on the WebJobs page.
- To stop or restart a continuous WebJob, right-click the WebJob in the list and click Stop or Start.